Who needs a date for Valentine’s Day weekend when you can brunch with the best of Long Island’s singles at trendy Monsoon Steak & Sushi? Two seatings–11:30 AM and 1:30 PM–let you sleep in as late as you like before getting a move on. Tunes will be spun by Decoy and the $35 prix fixe menu includes bottomless mimosas and sangrias for your two-hour seating. If you want to continue the party after the official brunch hours, half-priced mimosas and sangrias at the bar make it easy.
Reservations are needed, so call 631.587.4400 to get in on this. This restaurant doesn’t usually serve brunch, so this is a great opportunity to try something new. After all, how many other Asian restaurants offer breakfasty bites?
On top of assorted pastries, menu highlights include favorite comfort foods with a slightly Asian twist:
- Korean fried chicken (!) and Belgian waffles with maple gastrique
- Savory vegetable omelettes with shiitake mushrooms, spinach, tomato and chives
- Roasted chicken chef’s salad, chock full of avocado, hard-boiled eggs, chopped applewood-smoked bacon, and topped with ginger dressing
- Monsoon Burger with a grilled tomato, pickled cucumbers (mmm, addicted to these from the Peking duck dish!), smoked Gruyere cheese, and “Asian fries”
- Breakfast fried rice with bacon, ham, egg, cheese, and scallions
- Seared dry-aged skirt steak with scrambled eggs ($10 additional)
That’s not to say classics aren’t on the menu as well. Case in point:
- Banana or chocolate chip pancakes
- Nutella French toast with berry compote
Tip: This meal can’t be combined with any promotions or complimentary cards. And as with any meal, anticipate adding tax and gratuity to your bill.