Mother’s Day … one of the most popular–and for restaurants, profitable–brunch dates on the calendar, Long Island provides ample opportunities to get your egg on. Your favorite standbys will no doubt be packed, but not to worry. Instead, take advantage of venues that are usually not open for this meal, or even to the public!
After all, special occasions are only as special as you make them. So why not do something out of the ordinary or typically unavailable?
Today’s list focuses on exactly that, with Mother’s Day-only offerings and grand spreads.
White tablecloths, chocolate fountains, overflowing buffets, and of course, plenty of bubbly promise to accompany the pricey tag on country club openings, but consider it an investment in both breakfast and lunch.
Here’s our index of fancy and not usually available brunch OR a “treat yo’self” buffet for Mother’s Day, May 14, 2017, on Long Island.
Remember to call first for reservations! Some places have set seatings and others change their offerings after a certain time, so please do check with the restaurant.
Menu links in venue name; listed in alphabetical order (not geographical):
- Chateau La Mer, Lindenhurst: $42 per person; $22 for children 12 and under. Highlights include: 12 hot chafing dishes. It does not appear to include alcoholic beverages.
- Crescent Beach Club, Bayville: $60 per person; $30 for children. Highlights include: omelet station, cinnamon French toast, eggs benedict, organic field greens, jumbo shrimp cocktail, oysters and littleneck clams, prime rib, turkey breast, pepper steak with fried rice, applecake-stuffed chicken, sole fillet Florentine, eggplant rollatini, housemade desserts. Beer, wine, Champagne, mimosas, and Bloody Marys included.
- East Wind, Wading River: $55 per person; $27 for children 3 – 10; free for children 2 and under. Highlights include: omelet and waffle stations, eggs Benedict, frittatas, coconut French toast, Nova Scotia lox, ravioli a la vodka, Tuscan chicken, stuffed white bass, eggplant rollatini, ratatouille, roasted turkey breast, herb-crusted prime rib, imported cheeses, chocolate fountain. No alcoholic beverages included.
- Glen Cove Mansion, Glen Cove: $59 per adult; $29 for children. Highlights include: shrimp cocktail, rosemary leg of lamb, prime rib, roast turkey with cranberry orange relish, petite filet mignon, Asiago potato croquettes, eggplant rollatini, salad bar, sundae bar. One complimentary mimosa included.
- Land’s End, Sayville: $47 per adult; $20 for children 6 – 12; $10 for children under 6. Highlights include: dessert from their Audrey’s Bakery, seafood paella, individual meat lasagnas, pasta station, cilantro and lime marinated sirloin steak, maple-glazed ham, smashed red potatoes, shrimp cocktail. No alcoholic drinks included; does not look like egg dishes will be served.
- Long Island Aquarium, Riverhead: $50 per adult; $25 for children 3 – 12; free for children 2 and under. Menu not available for preview.
- Mansion at Timber Point, Great River: $44 per adult; $19 for children 5 – 9; free for those 4 and under. Highlights include: steamship pork roast, California grilled sirloin, turkey breast, eggs Benedict, apple-filled pancakes, stuffed flounder, shrimp cocktail, hanger steak with cremini mushrooms and vidalia onions, grilled pesto chicken, chocolate fountain, Viennese desserts. Mimosas and Champagne included.
- The Meadow Club, Port Jefferson Station: $50 per adult; $25 for children 6 – 12; free for children 5 and under. Highlights include: mashed potato/mac and cheese bar, prime rib, stuffed pork loin, omelet station, shrimp cocktail, roasted salmon, chicken Francaise, eggplant rollatini with homemade ricotta, beef teriyaki, ravioli in lobster sauce, Belgian waffles, chocolate fountain, sundae bar, crepe station. Mimosas, Bloody Marys, and Bellinis included.
- Milleridge Inn (Cottage), Jericho: $55 per adult; $27 for children under 12. Highlights include: face-painting, petting zoo, bounce house, imported cheese, caponata, prime rib, roasted young turkey, leg of lamb, Sabrett hot dog cart, homemade dressings at the salad bars, eggplant rollatini, baked salmon, chicken scarpiello, omelets, waffles, smoked Nova Scotia salmon, quiche, French toast, fried rice, fresh pasta station, vegetable risotto, chicken Marsala, house-baked dessert. No alcoholic beverages included.
- Mirabelle Tavern, Stony Brook: $52 per adult; $26 for children 10 and under. Highlights include: shrimp, clam and oyster raw bar, deviled eggs, carcuterie, imported cheese, Maine lobster and potato salad, beet/watermelon/jicama salad, wild mushroom salad with chickpeas and baby artichokes, prime rib with red wine Bordelaise, roasted leg of lamb with mint sauce, rack of Berkshire pork with plum marmalade, smoked steamship hamp, duck confit with raspberry Chambord, shrimp/lobster/scallop vol au vent, eggplant rollatini, grilled swordfish, butternut squash ravioli with sage cream sauce, carrot and green bean casserole, hot dog cart, omelet station, sundae station. No alcoholic beverages included.
- Pavilion at Sunken Meadow, Kings Park: $43 per adult; $20 for children 4 – 10. Highlights include: omelet station, steamship ham, roasted turkey, chicken Francaise, beef teriyaki, grilled salmon, sausage and peppers, chocolate fondue, sundae bar, grilled vegetables, caprese salad. Mimosas only included.
- Garden City Hotel‘s Grand Ballroom, Garden City: $125 per adult; $63 for children. Highlights include: smoked salmon and trout, poached jumbo shrimp, crab claws, lobster cocktail, caponata vegetables, fattoush salad, imported cheeses, cheddar biscuits, raisin walnut batard, fennel citrus and Ahi tuna salad, panzanella, roasted cauliflower, smoked chicken Waldorf salad, long bone prime rib with red wine bordelaise and horseradish cream, fire-roasted capon with fois gras emulsion and muscat grapes, live pasta station with caprese ravioli, grana padano wheel, omelet station, short ribs, sunchokes, housemade tater tots, pepper-crusted salmon, broccolini, Viennese dessert table, crepe station, chocolate fountain, sundae bar. Select wine, Bloody Marys, mimosas, and Champagne included.
- Sapphire Princess, Freeport: $70 per adult; $60 for seniors; $55 for “teens” 15 – 20; $45 for children 4 – 17 (yes, I know that’s a contradiction), free for children 3 and under. Highlights: Yacht cruise with a brunch buffet.
- Smithtown Landing Country Club, Smithtown: $43 per adult; $20 for children 4 – 10. Highlights include: omelet station, caprese salad, marinated flank steak, roasted turkey breast with cranberry compote, eggplant rollatini, chicken with lemon and artichokes, herb-crusted tilapia, pork loin with cabbage and apples, chocolate fondue. Bloody Marys, mimosas, and Champagne included.
- Thom Thom Steak & Seafood, Wantagh: $30 per adult; $16 for children 4 – 10. Higlights include: omelet station, jumbo shrimp cocktail, roasted Black Angus New York strip, Scottish salmon, fennel and rosemary roasted chicken, mini cupcakes, rainbow cookies. No alcoholic beverages included.
- Watermill Caterers, Smithtown: $60 per adult; $30 for children. Highlights include: omelet station, poached Gulf shrimp cocktail, littleneck clams and Blue Point oysters on the half-shell, seafood salad with crab and scungili, challah French toast, eggplant rollatini, mussels, tilapia oreganata, French cut turkey with homemade stuffing, leg of lamb, marinated sirloin, suasage and peppers, homemade mozzarella, chocolate fountain, sundae bar. Assorted wine, beer, and mimosas included.
- WAVE at Danford’s Hotel, Marina & Spa, Port Jefferson: $55 per adult; $25 for children 4 – 12; free for children under 3. Highlights include: omelet station, prime rib, honey-glazed ham, lobster ravioli, mussels fra diavolo, grilled salmon, pork loin with cornbread stuffing, roasted airline chicken breast with grilled peach salsa, New England clam chowder, eggs Benedict, Belgian waffles, French toast with caramelized bananas, imported cheese, composed salads, rainbow cookies.
- Windows on the Lake, Ronkonkoma: $50 per adult; $25 per child. Highlights include a Belgian waffle station, filet mignon bourguignon, shrimp and seafood alfredo, chicken and broccoli Francese, omelet station, unlimited Gulf shrimp bar, prime rib and honey-glazed ham roasts. Mimosas only included.